Lab Safety Training
All Global TIES students must complete Lab Safety Training with the University before using Global TIES' labs.
At UC San Diego, all laboratory workers are required to complete two Web-based courses on UC Learning Center to meet UCSD's basic lab safety training requirement:
- UC Laboratory Safety Fundamentals, with refresher training required every 3 years
- Annual Laboratory Hazards Training, with refresher training required annually
*Note: If you receive an error, click Continue to the UC Learning Center.
Returning students who have not taken EH&S training in past calendar year may renew online.
To complete Lab Safety training:
- Click the link to the course(s) above and sign on using your UCSD login
- Complete the course
- Print out a certificate
- Turn in the certificate to your team TA or directly to Barb
- Take the refresher training as needed
If you need help navigating the UC Learning Center site take a look at their FAQ.